State Information Commissioner, U.P.
An active journalist with a career spanning more than twenty-five years, Rajkeshwar
Singh was administered oath of office as the State Information Commissioner on 7th
Rajkeshwar Singh has extensively covered Uttar Pradesh, both from the state and
from the national capital. He started his professional career from Lucknow working
as a freelance journalist for reputed publications like JANSATTA national Hindi
daily and DINMAN TIMES Weekly.
He later worked at UP State Headquarter Lucknow as state correspondent of “CHAUTHI
DUNIYA”, a first complete national weekly Newspaper of India, published from Delhi
During his professional tenure in UP, Rajkeshwar Singh has reported on important
political events concerning the state including then Mandal and Ayodhya Movement.
- He has covered many UP state assembly polls and over half a dozen Lok Sabha elections.
- He later shifted to Delhi joining Dainik Jagran to cover national politics.
- He has in Delhi covered Political Praties like Congress, Samajwadi Party, BSP, Rashtriya
Lokdal with UP politics and key social sector ministries including Human Resource
Development, Social Justice & Empowerment, Minority Affairs; and Women and Child
- Rajkeshwar Singh has had rich experience of covering parliament proceedings for
almost a decade.
- Rajkeshwar Singh has also worked with the state bureaus of all the top Hindi dailies
published in Uttar Pradesh. He has had a stint in both AMAR UJALA and HINDUSTAN
covering all the important news centers of the state including Lucknow, Kanpur and
Tajikistan with Vice President of India
Malaysia: for official assignments